1 in stock
I consider myself lucky that my mom introduced me to the Ayurvedic practice of tongue scraping when I was young. My brother and I certainly thought it odd at the time, but I now look back on it and give her a nod because she was definitely onto something. Things have now come full-circle, and I am excited to share with you the copper tongue cleaner by Cosmic Dealer – Named Vanity Fair’s most hype beauty tool of 2020!
According to Ayurveda, it is recommended to use the tongue cleaner before and after brushing your teeth in the morning to remove toxins that have accumulated overnight, freshen the breath, and awaken the organs. This works best on an empty stomach.
In Eastern medicine, practitioners often look at the tongue during consultations to make a diagnosis. Coating on the tongue is reflective of the lining of the digestive system. When toxins are not removed from the body they begin to accumulate to areas like the tongue. Removing this build-up of toxins with a tongue cleaner removes residue and stimulates the elimination processes.
Furthermore, different parts of the tongue correspond to different organs. The front left and right sides of the tongue represent the lungs, while the back sides represent the kidneys. Gentle pressure of a tongue cleaner cleanses the corresponding organs and tissues, and can address areas of imbalance.
– Toothbrush vs tongue scraper: tongue scraper is much more effective. A toothbrush tends to just move the bacteria around your tongue rather than take it off.
– Why copper: it is antimicrobial – so bacteria can’t grow on it (it’s actually the surface material where Covid dies the fastest). It also lasts pretty much forever and is not evil plastic 🙂
How to use:
- Hold one end of the tongue cleaner in each hand and set the rounded part at the back of your tongue
- Scrape the tongue from back to front applying light pressure. Scrape down the middle and then each side a few times
- Observe as you remove super gross yellow tongue slime every morning
- Rinse with water after use.
Care Instructions: At some point, the tongue cleaner will start to oxidize, as all pure copper does. You can keep it like this, it does not mean it’s ‘dirty’. Or if you want it to remain shiny, put salt and white vinegar on a cloth and wipe it down.
About the brand
Free shipping for orders above:
EU + UK
Rest of the world